Compare landlord insurance
At CanCancover.com we can compare landlords insurance quotes from a range of specialist insurance partners. Whether you have one rental property or a property portfolio you can easily choose from competitive landlord insurance quotes saving you time and even money.
Landlords insurance cover helps protect landlords against the risks that can be associated with renting out properties and is separate and different to a standard home insurance policy which isn’t normally suitable for landlords. With around 7 million UK households either renting through social housing or private rentals, being able to compare landlords insurance quotes is increasingly important.
Landlords insurance protects more than just the physical rental property and often includes a level of Landlords Liability Cover to protect landlords for instance in the event of any accidental injury to a tenant as a consequence of ownership of the property. Policies can also protect landlords and tenants by paying for alternative accommodation in the event that the rental property becomes uninhabitable as the result of an insured event.
When comparing landlord insurance quotes it’s worth taking a look at the different elements of cover.
Some common types of cover to look out for when comparing a landlords insurance policy include:
- Accidental damage cover: protecting landlords against damage caused accidently (not maliciously) by tenants. For example, a tenant accidentally breaking a pane of glass or spilling a substance on a fitted carpet.
- Alternative accommodation cover: in the event that a property becomes uninhabitable due to an insured event, alternative accommodation cover pays for the tenant to be re-housed during the duration of any necessary repair work.
- Buildings cover: protecting the structure of your property. For example, repairing damage caused by escape of water from a burst pipe.
- Contents cover: protecting the contents of your property. For example, replacing a sofa (owned by the landlord) which has suffered from smoke damage.
- Home emergency cover: this ensures you are always prepared for the unexpected, be it boiler problems or a burst pipe, this provides landlords with access to 24 hour emergency helplines and covers the cost of contractors’ emergency call out, labour, parts and materials following an insured event.
- Key cover: whether you’re a landlord with one or a large portfolio of properties, protection is available to cover you in the event that keys are stolen and the security of your property is compromised. Some providers also offer a lost and found service to return lost keys to you in the event that they are found.
- Legal and professional fees cover: this is often extra cover which can be obtained at an additional cost to help landlords with the legal costs that can be associated with bringing or defending any legal action for example the pursuit of a tenant for unpaid rent or a breach of tenancy agreement.
- Loss of rent cover: with increasing private rental values protecting against loss of rent is important for landlords for instance if the property becomes uninhabitable due to damage or the completion of repair work following a claim.
This website and its content is copyright © CanCanCover.com 2013. All rights reserved.
CanCanCover.com is a trading name of UK Comparison Services Ltd. UK Comparison Services Ltd is part of UK General Insurance Group.
Registered in England and Wales Company No. 07784834. Registered Office: Cast House, Old Mill Business Park, Gibraltar Island Road, Leeds LS10 1RJ.