Rental property landlord insurance
Whether you’re an ‘accidental’ landlord with one property or have a property portfolio, CanCanCover.com can help you when it comes to searching for rental property landlord insurance quotes.
CanCanCover.com works with specialist partners who have years of experience in offering rental property landlord insurance cover for all types of building and tenant types.
Normal home insurance isn’t suitable when it comes to having tenants which is why rental property landlord insurance is essential to help protect you and your rental property.
Rental property landlord insurance can include both buildings insurance and landlord contents insurance to cover both your bricks and mortar investment and the items you own within the property.
When comparing rental property insurance quotes it’s worth taking a look at the different elements of cover. Some common types of cover to look for in rental property landlord insurance include:
- Accidental damage cover: protecting landlords against damage caused accidently (not maliciously) by tenants. For example, a tenant accidentally breaking a pane of glass or spilling a substance on a fitted carpet.
- Alternative accommodation cover: in the event that a property becomes uninhabitable due to an insured event, alternative accommodation cover pays for the tenant to be re-housed during the duration of any necessary repair work.
- Buildings cover: protecting the structure of your property. For example, repairing damage caused by escape of water from a burst pipe.
- Contents cover: protecting the contents of your property. For example, replacing a sofa (owned by the landlord) which has suffered from smoke damage.
- Legal and professional fees cover: this is often extra cover which can be obtained at an additional cost to help landlords with the legal costs that can be associated with bringing or defending any legal action for example the pursuit of a tenant for unpaid rent or a breach of tenancy agreement.
- Loss of rent cover: with increasing private rental values protecting against loss of rent is important for landlords with rental property landlord insurance for instance if the property becomes uninhabitable due to damage or the completion of repair work following a claim.
This website and its content is copyright © CanCanCover.com 2013. All rights reserved.
CanCanCover.com is a trading name of UK Comparison Services Ltd. UK Comparison Services Ltd is part of UK General Insurance Group.
Registered in England and Wales Company No. 07784834. Registered Office: Cast House, Old Mill Business Park, Gibraltar Island Road, Leeds LS10 1RJ.